Although cargo shorts were most widely used by soldiers in late 20thcentury, their origin is solely functional. As everyone knows, cargo shorts for men are easy in use, they provide place for storage (thanks to side pockets) and quick access to basic stuff.
A classical description of cargo shorts is as follows: 100% cotton cargo shorts with loose-fit, durable seat, drawstrings on the waist, zipper fly, button clasp, cargo side pockets and coin pockets. Men choose this piece of clothing for its convenience and trendy style.
The first urban citizens to wear cargo shorts were hip-hop dancers in the 1990s. Its style was quickly surged into mass market and distributed in many colors and with various elements. Now you can often meet males wearing black cargo shorts for men. Obviously, black is universal color and when combined with leather jacket creates the edgy image for a summer party.
A basic feature remaining unchanged in all fashion trends is functionality. Be it costly or cheap cargo shorts for men, one can buy this clothing item in varying seize:
- Skinny cargo shorts (typically worn with trainers or combat-style boots)
- Loose-fit cargo shorts (commonly worn for strolling, working in the yard or casual walk)
- Ruched cargo shorts (can be gathered with a drawstring in the end and adjusted by the length)
Initially cargo pockets were designed for paratroopers to carry and have easy access to ammunition, but this comfy idea was used and modified by famous clothes brands. For example, Levis cargo shorts for men can be found in any online and offline brand shop (at $20-$30 price per average).
Demand for cargo shorts is defined by their ideal use during tropical summer time. They require machine wash and dry easily. White cargo shorts for men are among favorites in hot weather and are typically worn with t-shirt, golf shirt or a poplin button-up shirt with short (or rolled up) sleeves.
In conclusion, here are a few tips for you to choose the best kind of cargo shorts:
- Make sure you choose proper length (normally, they should fall at your hips)
- Take care about balance between top and bottom (a form-skimming or a racerback tank are okay)
- Even though cargo pockets are a great place for storage of things, do not pack them up to the top, so that they gravitate to the ground. Use a bag for this purpose!
- Buy cargo shorts only if you like this fashion shorts pattern (not just because everyone else buys).